NAME OF POST : Research Scientist
Upper Age Limit : 35 Years
The following are the components of the assignment.
• Targeted screening of compounds for their biological activity by 1) studying differential expression of proteins. 2) anti-proliferative activity in cell lines.
• Development and standardization of ELISA for the estimation of protein of interest in human serum.
Period : 4 months: starting from 1st September 2017.
Responsibilities : The position is a hands-on-position for performing cell based assays and experiments in the area of cell biology. The selected candidate will design, perform experiments, analyze and report the results to the project leader. The Scientist will supervise and monitor day-to-day progress in experiments performed by junior staff. Will ensure that the log books and record books are maintained up to date. Will also provide training when required to lab members.
Qualifications experience :
- Ph.D. in cell biology /molecular biology /applied biology /biotechnology or in any discipline related to biological sciences.
- Those who have submitted thesis for Ph. D.may also apply.
- Essential Experience in mammalian cell culture and/or Western blotting techniques
Consolidated monthly emoluments : Rs.30,000 to Rs.35,000 p.m. depending on qualifications and experience
How to Apply :
The candidates fulfilling the requirements may attend the walk in interview on the date of interview i.e. on 23.08.2017 and should report at 9.00 am sharp at the address given below. All the candidates appearing for the interview should register their names in the register, kept at the Security Gate.
NATIONAL CENTRE FOR CELL SCIENCE NCCS COMPLEX, PUNE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, BEHIND PUNE VIDYAPEETH HIGH SCHOOL, (SHISHU VIHAR)
Candidates reporting after 9.30 am will not be permitted to attend the interview, which may please be noted.
Important Guidelines & Instructions :
- Applications in the prescribed format duly filled in along with attested copies of all relevant certificates showing date of birth, qualifications, experience, details of the exam passed (SSC onwards), caste certificate, if any and other relevant documents should be filled in and produced along with originals at the time of interview.
- Applications which are incomplete and/or not in the prescribed format will be strictly rejected.
- The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of posts and also cancel the recruitment process.
- Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process, if required.
- SC/ST /OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from appropriate authority. In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable, . Where number of candidates reported in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of screening committee, the project investigator may restrict the number of candidates to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration of qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter
- 5% Marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST /OBC candidates i.e. minimum of 50 % marks. The above advertised positions are filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period on the extramural project funded by private organization.
- The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in funding agency or in NCCS,Pune.
- Age & Experience will be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Competent Authority. Those who have submitted Ph. D. thesis may also apply.
- Candidates who are yet to be awarded the Ph.D. degree, if selected, will be paid Rs. 30,000/- till the award of the degree. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of SC/ST /Women/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules.
- Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed. No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the interview.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification for the post. The posts advertised shall be need based without any commitment for its filling.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer of appointment.
- Please bring all the original certificates showing date of birth, qualification, statement of marks of the exam passed, degree certificates, certificate of past experience, certificate in support of present employment, salary certificate & other relevant documents along with a set of attested copies at the time of interview.
- Lower positions will be offered, if candidates are not found suitable for the above advertised positions.