Name of the Post : Senior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts : 01
Project Title : “Phenotyping based on chlorophyll fluorescence imaging under
salinity-stagnant flooding stress and identification of quantitative trait loci of chlorophyll
florescence traits in rice.” Emeritus Scientist Scheme. (EAP-243)
Duration : Up to 31/03/2019 Which is likely to be extended on an annual basis
Maximum age as on 01.01.2018 : Max. 35 yrs. for men and Max. 40 yrs. for
Rate of Fellowship / Remuneration:
- Rs.25,000/- p.m. + 20% HRA for 1st and 2nd year,
- Rs.28,000/- p.m. + 20% HRA from 3rd year onwards.
- M.Sc. (AG) / M. Tech. in Plant Breeding / Genetics / Biotechnology / Plant
Physiology / Botany / Life Science / Bioinformatics.
- Master’s degree / M. Tech. in the relevant subject with 4 years / 5 years of
Bachelor’s degree having 1st division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade
- Master degree in basic science with NET qualification.
Desirable : Desire for registration to do Ph.D.
- The above position is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the scheme/project. The services of appointed candidates will stand terminated automatically after expiry of the scheme/project or completion of period indicated in the selection offer, whichever is earlier and the candidate will not have any right for absorption in NRRI/ICAR. The above age limits are relaxable for SC, ST and OBC candidates as per Govt. of India norms.
- Eligible candidates desirous to be considered for the above-mentioned position are advised to bring one copy of their bio-data along with Xerox copy of all the certificates and mark sheets affixing recent photograph thereon together with original copies of educational certificate/mark sheet/experience certificate (matriculation onwards)/NET/GATE/Ph.D/ copy of M.Sc dissertation/thesis and appear for a walk-in-interview comprising of a written-cum-personal interview on prescribed date, time and place.
- Director, NRRI reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of position and also to cancel the recruitment process for the position mentioned above. Director’s decision will be final and binding in all aspects.
- No TA and DA for appearing in the interview are admissible.
- No candidate will be entertained strictly after 10.30 a.m.
- If currently employed, then the candidate will have to furnish no‐objection certificate from the current employer for appearing in the walk‐in‐interview.
- Canvassing in any form will render the candidate disqualified for the position.
- Date of Interview – 13.03.2018
- Time of Interview – 10:30 a.m.
- Venue of Interview – NRRI, Cuttack