Name of the Post : Research Associate – Genomics and Molecular Breeding
No.of.Positions : 03
- Genetic / genomic analyses of high-throughput genotyping / sequencing and phenotypic data for trait dissection and molecular breeding
- Develop SSR/SNP assays for high throughput screening of breeding material
- Utilizing genomic information for breeding
- Processing, analysing, and archiving genomic and phenotypic data sets, conducting analyses, interpreting findings, and compiling of results and writing reports,
- Assist in training breeders of the national agricultural research system
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- PhD in Biotechnology/ Plant Science/ Genetics/ Plant Breeding preferably with experience of genomics applied to crop improvement together with good knowledge of genetics, genomics and plant breeding.
- Preference will be given to candidate with working experience on genomics and marker development.
- Good team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as team as well as independently with minimal support
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
This is a Consolidated Position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 31 March 2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please Click Here To Apply (to submit your application).
Application Deadline – on or before 31 March 2018