Name of the Post : Research Associate
No.of.Posts : 01
Duration : The position is for 1 year with first 6 months under probation. Position may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years, with regular evaluation.
Remuneration : A consolidated remuneration of Rs. 22,000/- with 30% HRA on the consolidated remuneration per month will be paid to the selected candidates.
Upper Age Limit : The upper age Limit is 35 years, as on the last date for closing of applications.
Job Description : RA will be responsible for Molecular Biology work—isolation of cDNA, DNA amplification, primer design, cloning, construction of molecular force sensors, etc, and conducting high end imaging (confocal, super-resolution) and image analysis.
We seek motivated individuals with good academic background along with an aptitude to
research and an interest in developing new molecular-biology techniques. The details of the required qualifications and experience are given below:
Essential Qualification : M.Sc./B.Tech/M.Tech in Biotechnology/Life Sciences with a high score. Candidates with research experience from reputed labs will be preferred (please include email address of lab PI(s) with application). Ability to work in a team, an interest in multidisciplinary research and quantitative data analysis skills are necessary. Candidate should be self-driven, motivated and have leadership skills.
How to Apply:
Applications (strictly adhering to format given below) are preferred to be emailed as a
single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “RA Neuronal Cell Biophysics”.
Application format: (Please note ALL fields are mandatory)
1) Name of the applicant:
2) Applying for advertisement number:
3) Date of Birth:
5) Whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC:
6) Permanent Address:
7) Address for correspondence (please provide your mobile number and email-id):
8) Qualifications starting from SSC/X Std. upwards (please attach copies of certificates and marks cards at the end of application):
9) List details of any research experience including details of organization, post held, duration of service and emoluments drawn. Also include 1-paragraph write up on each project:
10) References of individuals who are professionally familiar with you and your work, whom the Institute could contact for referral letters:
11) Brief – not more than 1-page, double line spacing, write up on what motivates you to apply for the above post.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to appear for a personal interview at the Raman
Research Institute. Under exceptional cases Skype interview may be considered. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interviews. Mere fulfilling the essential and desired qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for interview.
The last date for receipt of applications is 5th March 2018.